Monday, December 8, 2014

Hearts Are Floating For...Cook Smarts

It was sort of an accident that I discovered Cook Smarts. Bill was away on a golf trip back in October and I had extra time on my hands. I was thinking about meal planning and was positive that there must be an app out there that helps with this matter. My goal was to find something that would give me ideas for dinner that are fairly easy, healthy, and use fresh ingredients. So over to Google and a quick search of "meal planning app" gave me this article from lifehacker. Cook Smarts was the first on the list and I never got any further. At first I was a little confused...it's not actually an "app" but a website. That explains why I couldn't find it on the App Store.

Anyway....I LOVE it! Every Thursday evening, I receive 4 new recipes for the following week. 

They are easy (check!)...links are even included to instructional videos on such things like 'how to cut a butternut squash'. 

They are healthy (check!)...nutritional info for each meal is included and there is even an option for each recipe to be made as gluten-free, paleo or vegetarian.

And they use fresh ingredients (jackpot!)...I'm telling you I will never buy bottled salad dressing again now that I know how easy it is to make my own.

Oh and huge bonus...meals are seasonal! This makes me very happy!! Lots of pumpkin and squash influence in the fall, comfort food in the winter, and lighter fare like salads and grilled items as the weather gets warmer.

I could go on and on about the huge archive of meals, the grocery list feature, the prep you can do ahead to save time.....oh, and the clean website layout, social media groups....I'll stop now. It's probably best to just go explore yourself. 

Here are a few dinners I've made recently.


Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches with Pureed Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup


Oven-Baked Salmon with Lentil, Mushroom, Spinach Cream Sauce


Cumin & Coriander Chicken Tacos with Sliced Radishes and Guacamole


Cheddary Shells with Chicken and Broccoli 

2 comments:

  1. We're so happy to hear that you are enjoying our meal plans and that they help you make quick, healthy meals! Those pictures of the dinners you've made look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely have to check out this app! All those meals look so good!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete